What is police Brutality??
• Police Brutality is the use of excessive and unnecessary force used by police when dealing with civilians
• The controversy surrounding police brutality is definitely not a new idea, going back to the 1800s nonetheless, it has been a topic of discussion lately with related cases springing up in the news consistently
Different types of police brutality!!
• The most clear type of police brutality is a physical frame
• Police officers can utilize nerve gases, cudgel, pepper shower, and weapons with the end goal to physically scare or even deliberately harm regular people.
• Can additionally anyway happen in type of false arrest, verbal abuse, racial profiling and political suppression.
As a societal issue
• Dates all the way back to the industrial revolution during the 1870s when the laws implementation were to physically hurt workers that went on strike.
• In later history, the absolute most celebrated detailing’s of police brutality occurred amid the civil rights movement during the 1960s.
• Where officers utilized high power water hoses to thump regular citizens to the ground, and in addition police dogs to assault protestors.
• Most individuals trust that police ruthlessness is a result of racial separation.
• Even however racial profiling still exists, anybody paying little mind to race, sex or age can turn into a casualty of police mercilessness
Answer for police brutality
• Nowadays in South Africa, we have numerous laws addressing police brutality and under these laws police brutality is viewed as an intense offense and is examined by a commission of district attorney.
In any case, unfortunately!!!!
• Even with the laws covering police brutality, numerous grievances made by regular citizens about extreme utilization of power are not being investigated.
• I think this is on account of cops have the authority “to use force when necessary” and regularly hard to show that police brutality has occurred