There are many benefits to using a coaching approach. For individuals, coaching can be an empowering experience due to the practice of answers being sought from within.
• Increased self-confidence
• Ownership of own work
• Better understanding of direction of travel of themselves and the organisation
• Supporting people through change
• Having elements of control on the way forward
• Creativity and exploration
• Satisfaction within role
• Sense of belonging
• Feeling of their best them
The above will put individuals in a positive frame of mind and desire to succeed which will then result in achieving tasks using own initiative and own resources, enjoyment in role and less likely to leave unless this is due to promotion, better outcomes for the team, potentially more work being completed to a higher standard and an increase in performance will be celebrated by line manager
For organisations, they are equally many benefits to coaching which can benefit an organisation over the short and long term.
The short-term benefits are that the organisation will gain new idea generation, promote a less directive style,